Thursday, June 28, 2007

Jeffrey Bilhuber, Contemporary Spin on Classic Design

Jeffrey Bilhuber will always be known as one of the greats. I have always admired the way he is able to blend traditional pieces with the modern. Inspired by the likes of Billy Baldwin and William Haines , Mr. Bilhuber worked wonders with the apartment of John and Andrea Stark of the Stark Carpet family, as seen in the Oct. 2005 issue of House & Garden:

The composition of contemporary objects on this gilt table is so beautiful with the informal spray of white flowers. The Living Room shows off Bilhuber's classic design ability. His own chair design is in the foreground.

I just love the settee with the bold white stripe. The Swarovski crystal chandelier in the Dining Room coupled with the Kenneth Noland art is another winning combination.

I love the Platner wire table here with the klismos chairs. This sofa has been in my mind ever since I first saw it!

Bilhuber's collaboration with the Starks has led to a new line of carpets released this year! Something new for your design radar. (The image of the carpet in front of the settee is one of the designs)
I hear through the blogvine that Mr Bilhuber will have another book out soon as well. Oh Joy!

10 comments:

blushing apples said...

blending traditional with the modern is not easy, he does it very well. thanks for visiting, & your blog is lovely!

The Peak of Chic said...

I love his work- it's so American. Sophisticated too!

katiedid said...

Thanks blush! I am glad you stopped by!

katiedid said...

Hi POC! I think so too. Just classic!

girl meets glamour said...

Great post Katiedid! I had this tagged too, but I was going to post on those great Klismos chairs in the dining room that I love so much, others I've found :) Have a good weekend!!!

katiedid said...

Thanks glamgirl! I just love thet Jeffrey Bilhuber.Hey, check out beachbungalow8's Klismos post. She found a bunch!

beachbungalow8 said...

i love the klismos chair with the platner table! gorge.

katiedid said...

Me too bb8!

Cote de Texas said...

Hi Katie - I just read this post on Bilhuber. I just blogged on his newly featured apt. (well April, but I'm late in reading some mags). I'm having so much fun sitting around reading everyone's blogs this 4th. They're addddiccctingggg!!!
Joni aka Cote de Texas

katiedid said...

Hi Joni! Thanks for stopping by! I know what you mean, I found one blog in a magazine once, and I was off and running!