Thursday, June 14, 2007

Sacramento Antique Faire

The Second Sunday of every month, the Sacramento Antique Faire sets up shop under the Highway 50 overpass between 22nd and 24th Streets. I took a quick walk- through last Sunday, and thought I'd share a few pics:


The overall "vibe"

Loved the fish and the painting, both from Ken Kelleher of Kelleher Fine art. Ken has wonderful art that he practically gives away at antique faires all over California. I caught the painting for $30! Mere fish bait. But the Fish got away. Contact Ken at: pmkell@sonnet.com

This is my "ODE TO ANNE COYLE" . Anne is famous for using sea fans and other wonderful stuff from nature in her beautiful interiors projects.

Some funky 50's paintings and a collection of other fun stuff.

Getting all my ducks in a row........the flamingo is for my daughter who is VERY into flamingos right now.

I'm not normally a "Toy" person, but these vintage advertising dolls were quite a collection. You may recognize the Morton Salt Girl, the Dutch Paint Boy and others all from the Fisk Corporation.

I just loved this "box of buttons"

I love the colors of this Mission furniture and pottery, and the rattan chairs caught my eye.

I loved this arrangement of succulent plants, the blue table and chairs, and the silver crosses.


These images are of vintage Bakelite jewelry from the 30's. Pamela Lee from San Francisco is known as the "Bakelite Lady" and travels to alot of the antique fairs with her beautiful collection. If you are interested, Pamela is very low tech, but reachable by phone: (415) 282-7642.

"There was an old lady who sat on a shoe"....oh wait..
(That's my Mom at the end of a very busy morning!)

And my favorite find of the day: the Belgian Waffle Man! He really is a Belgian. Waffle. Man. It all started in 2005 when Marc Van Mieghem and his wife had a "Life altering" hike (1700 miles through Belgium to Compostella, Spain) On the trail, they met a lady who fed them waffles, which eventually led to the restoration of the 1970's VW van into it's current incarnation as the Red Rooster Waffles Van. You really must check out their website to get the full story. It's a good one! The waffles have been christened the "Volkswaffle" and are exceptional.

Thus ended my very satisfying day of antiquing and eating!

11 comments:

Anna said...

I really Love the cane chairs - they're my favourite!!
XO
Anna

The Peak of Chic said...

How fun, and good finds too! I love the table with the assortment of shells/sea fans. You're right- very Anne Coyle!

katiedid said...

Hi Anna!
I like those too! With new cushions in a fun fabric (Quadrille or Lulu perhaps?)

katiedid said...

Thanks POC! It was a fun morning.

J Lee said...

Oh I love antique shopping!
Thanks for visiting my blog, you have a great one going on here yourself!!! :)

Will visit often.
Jenn

katiedid said...

Hi Jenn!
Thanks for popping in! I love aniquing too!

Leah said...

Hi Katie,

Thanks for the tip! I'm always on the lookout for a good flea market.

Do you think the Sacto Antique Faire is worth the drive up from the Bay Area? How do you think it compares to the monthly Alameda Antiques Faire (http://morewaystowastetime.blogspot.com/2007/05/mark-your-calendar-alameda-point.html), which has over 800 vendors? Is it a lot of the same sellers, who travel from antique fair to antique fair? Or does it have more local vendors?

Speaking of Sacramento and environs, you should put together a "shopping day trip" destination list for us Bay Areans!

All the best,

Leah

casapinka said...

The chairs look wonderful and the painting you scored is BRILL.

katiedid said...

Hi Leah!
You know, honestly, the Alameda fair has this one beat in terms of #'s of vendors. There are about 300 or so here. BUT, I think there may be some better deals perhaps. It is a bit more relaxed. Same rules apply, however as far as getting there early...early bird and all that. Some of the same vendors, some local, some that are from out of town that don't want to deal with the size of Alameda. I put the link in the post for Faire information.

Great idea about the shopping day! I will try and put something together soon!

katiedid said...

Thanks casapinka!
When Ken told me the price, I just about fell over. But not before I said "Do you take checks?!" I will be looking for him next time.

Laurie Blanchard said...

Hi Katiedid. I was so excited when I found your website. I've started a blog about fleamarketing finds,antiqueing etc, and I realized we both posted pictures from the same flea market. I got a picture of the high heel chair as well. Anyway, I enjoy your blog and maybe someday we will bump into eachother! Please feel free to check out my little blog at
www.fleamarketfun.blogspot.com

All the best,
Laurie