Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Southern Accents Beach Style

I just got my latest Southern Accents and as soon as I saw the cover, I jumped right in. Atlanta Designer Jackye Lanham created this laid back summer home with architect Bill Litchfield. They designed a fresh summery home that looks like it has the history of an old beach house...the kind that I love. Some of you may remember my post showing progress pics for my own house. I hope I can do so well!

I have very dark wood floors like this and am installing v-groove paneling, albeit vertically, with even some on the ceiling in places. I also have a collection of ironstone! Half way there!

I love the zinc on this table top, the white kitchen with beams and paneling. I can feel the sea air just by looking at these picures!

13 comments:

Anna said...

Great Post - Of course I lOVE all of these pics you have posted! Love the zinc top table.
XO
Anna

-Suzie- said...

Looks very cozy. I am interested in everything 'beach style' at the moment. Thank you for introducing Southern Accent.

katiedid said...

Hi Anna-
Thanks! Zinc just adds a certain something, doesn't it?

katiedid said...

Hi Suzie!
I hope the palazzo is coming along. It is sooo beautiful. I loved your post about the foyer.

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

It sounds like it is almost your house!!

The Peak of Chic said...

Thanks for the photos- I really like Lanham's work. Can't wait to see future pics of your house!

girl meets glamour said...

That zinc table top is great Katiedid! Looking forward to picks of your house someday!

style court said...

I like Lanham's work too. Your place is going to look wonderful!

katiedid said...

Thanks Courtney! i can haardly waituntil it is done!

beachbungalow8 said...

oooh. i'm big on the dark floors. i've done the same with mine. it makes everything pop

katiedid said...

POC-
I really love her work too!

katiedid said...

Hi Maryam-
Yes, in another month or so, we will be able to confine the camp stove to actual camping trips!

katiedid said...

Hi Beach!
Thanks for stopping in! I am really big on dark floors too. Esp. with a black dog...camoflage.