Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Taking a Powder, Remodel Update!

So here is my new Powder Room floor! (The tile is all from the Walker Zanger Tribeca Collection). I can' t tell you how exciting it is to see progress.


I am having a vanity made similar to this demi-lune table that I found on ebay, topping it with the Cararra Marble left over from the Kitchen. And this is my faucet (she said like a proud mother) the Pinstripe from Kohler:

Then the lotus pendant available through Z Gallerie (as seen via the More Ways to Waste Time blog...if you haven't seen Leah's blog you must!) and mirror(via one of my best friends who moved and had to leave this lovely thing behind with me!) will be topping it off.

I still have some details to decide on: paint (I am a fan of white, but a pale turquoise is a possibility) and window treatment (perhaps a white linen roman shade with a border?)
I will post again with the final results!

16 comments:

The Peak of Chic said...

Beautiful Katie! I am so excited to end the unveiling!

katiedid said...

Thank you POC! It is hard being my own client, buut fun too!

girl meets glamour said...

Yes, I love how the floor turned out Katie! and that Lotus pendant is going to look fab :)

J Lee said...

Great floors!!! Looks like it's on it's way to becoming something spectacular.

I can't wait to see it finished.

katiedid said...

Thanks GMG! I am loving the pendant too.

katiedid said...

JLee, Thank you! I hope so! I dream grout colors and door handles these days!

kcdesign said...

Oh, I can totally see it - what a nice friend to leave you that charming mirror. I just did my kitchen bath with a really similar floor (your's is prettier)and the pinstripes faucet - if you don't have them yet, just wait, they feel so great. My walls are a pale turquoise - it's so crisp against all the white and marble. Great idea with the demi-lune as well. Gorgeous - can't wait to see.

katiedid said...

Thank KC! I bet your bath turned out great. Would love to see it!

casapinka said...

Oh, this is going to be a stunner!

katiedid said...

Casapinka! I am dying to see your foyer done too!

the House of Beauty and Culture said...

We just love your posts - so wonderfully personal and thoroughly charming.

katiedid said...

Why, thank you so much House! What kind words! I am off to visit your blog.

Nicole said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see it!

style court said...

Katie,

All your choices are so elegant. It's going to be very refined!

katiedid said...

Thank you Nicole! I have had fun seeing progress on your place too:)

katiedid said...

Thanks Courtney! I'm so glad you think so. It has been fun planning!