Saturday, July 28, 2007

"WE HAVE DEBRIS!!!!"

Have any of you have seen the movie "Twister" starring Helen Hunt and Bill Paxton as tornado chasing scientists? Well, there's this part in the movie where trucks and peices of houses and cows start falling out of the sky as they are approaching a catagory 5 twister (actually I'm not sure what the catagory was, but you get the idea). Helen Hunt yells: "WE HAVE DEBRIS!" as Bill Paxton swerves their truck to avoid all the boulder-sized junk falling on the road.

Well, my house is in a state of "storm before the calm", and I have been thinking about this movie alot lately:


It goes on, but I can't bear to show you any more. I think I'm about to go out of my flippin' mind.

8 comments:

the House of Beauty and Culture said...

Don't worry about the process - just picture the end result. It will be fantastic!

Bhavna said...

:-) storm of this kind at homes always have a silver lining (and here i go mixing my idioms!). I love the feeling of order, newness, beauty and satisfaction which comes after a small or big reno!

katiedid said...

Thnak you HBC and Bhavna! Moral support is just what I need at the moment!

J said...

Katie- I feel your pain! But I do know it will look wonderful once you're finished!

style court said...

It's exciting though. You have great taste and the end results will be worth it :)

Lisa said...

Good luck! I can't wait to see the end result either!!

katiedid said...

J, Courtney and Lisa, Thank you for the encouragement! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and will post some progress pictures soon!

franki durbin said...

Just remember, it always gets worse before you see marked improvement. It's part of the excavation process. We can't wait to see more!