Friday, September 14, 2007

Benjamin Noriega Ortiz and the New Met Home Collection

So, I had posted awhile ago about Benjamin Noriega Ortiz and his design talents, which he deftly illustrated at the Mondrian, Scottsdale. Mr. Noriega Ortiz has joined forces with Metropolitan Home to create the Metropolitan Home Collection:

This new line of home furnishings will be debuting at retail stores this fall. I must say after visiting the website, I was much more impressed. There are some really creative and beautiful pieces that reflect the exceptional abilities of Mr. Noriega Ortiz. (My favorite is the Dining Table with silhouette legs. )

I was also checking out the latest and greatest on Mr. Noriega Ortiz' website, and lo and behold, he has additional photos there. Here is just one:

If any of you are unfamiliar with Mr. Noriega Ortiz, here are a few of his many brilliant design projects:

New York apartment Media Room as featured in Metropolitan Home October 2006. I love his signature feather lampshades. Very "luxe"!

The Living Room in the same apartment. The use of seersucker for upholstery is wonderful as is his use of antiques in such a modern way.


I can never resist a white bedroom.

Images from the Casa Decor Showhouse in Miami as seen in Blueprint Directory January 2007.


Images from the Mondrain Scottsdale. This hotel has been in too many publications to count. It is whimsical and beautiful, don't you agree?

Mr. Benjamin Noriega Ortiz will be introducing his new line of furniture at Macy's Trend House in Chicago, IL, on September 26th if you happen to be in the area. He will also be doing a book signing for his new book:

A new furniture line AND a book signing?!? Sounds like the place to be Sept. 26th!

21 comments:

Sarah Jennings said...

Great post...I love the pictures. I usually do not read Metropolitan Home as it is too contemporary for me, but it looks like it may be worth checking out!

katiedid said...

Hi Sarah! I have a subsciption to Met Home, and usually am able to find a thing or two. But I tend toward clean traditional or a mix of contemporary and antiques myself. I like an interior with story to tell about a life and that's hard to do with everything brand new. Thanks for stopping in!

Splaneyo said...

How is the re-model coming along, or should I not ask?
Heather

katiedid said...

Ha! Hi Heather! It's coming along. The painters are doing thier thing, so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'll post a picture this weekend of the space. It's kinda funny. :)

robyn said...

Nice photographs and great title for a book!

{RNVL} said...

We are so in sync, Katie! Was flipping through Emotional Rooms this weekend and was thinking of posting about the collaboration with Met Home as well, but your post great.

Brilliant Asylum said...

The title "Emotional Rooms" cracks me up! Love his work though.

katiedid said...

Hi Robyn! It is a nice title. Thnaks for stopping in! :)

patricia gray inc.com said...

I think Benjamin Ortiz's designs are a good match for Metropolitan Home. He certainly has a clean contemporary look.I am looking forward to seeing pics of the progress on your home.

katiedid said...

Hello RNVL! I was happily surprised to see that BNO had come out with a line. He is someone I like to watch for in the design mags. An original thinker.


Oh by the way, I apologize for all of my typos. I go back and read some of my comments and realize all of the errors! I will try to be more careful!

katiedid said...

Hello brilliant! Ha! It is about the drama I think?:)

katiedid said...

Hello Patricia. I think you are right about that. Hey - are the chairs he used the same as in your wonderful design in Arch Digest? I was hinking of you when I saw this photo on his site.

ALL THE BEST said...

I love that media room, very glam!

katiedid said...

I like that room too Ronda. Thanks for stopping in!

patricia gray inc.com said...

Hi Katie
No I don't think that he has used the same chairs as my AD spread. I really haven't seen those chairs used by anyone else. I would be interested to see photos if anyone else has used them.
http://patriciagrayinc.blogspot.com/2007/06/architectural-digest.html

Jackie Von Tobel said...

Ok - Brag Brag Brag - I got to hang out with Mr. Noriega Ortiz at the Surfaces convention in Las Vegas last spring. He gave a great talk about his design inspiration and showed awesome slides - most from rock stars bedrooms like Madonna and Lenny Kravits!! It was quite a funny lunch as he has the mouth of a truck driver. Later at a VIP reception at Tao ( a nightclub in the Venetian - very cool spot ) he chatted with me about our two books both coming out this year and introduced me to his large entourage of groupies. He is quite a character to say the least.

katiedid said...

Patricia, I went back to see your chairs again, and they are definitely not the same. I think I had "high-backed light grey/white" in my mind. I really love the chairs in your article. I like BNO's also, but in a different way!

katiedid said...

Jackie, you lucky thing! I wish you the best of luck with your book, and maybe you won't mind if I do a litle plug?

The Peak of Chic said...

I can't wait to see this line in person! I didn't know it was coming out so thanks for the heads up Katie!

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

I esp love that bedroom. I have a huge window over my bed in the house we are building in Marrakech. I wonder if that is going to look odd. What do you think?

katiedid said...

Without a photo I am not sure, but I love windows! Having the morning light coming in makes a beautiful start to the day I think. And when you are laying in bed at night, you can look up at the stars!