Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Elle Decor Amour


Last night I had the honor, thrill, pleasure...pick any of the above.... of meeting Margaret Russell, Editor in Chief of Elle Decor Magazine. The Ann Sacks Showroom in San Francisco hosted a very swank cocktail affair for a book signing of Margaret's must have book:


When I arrived at the party with book in hand (I had bought the book as soon as it hit the shelves!) , the first thing I did was scan the room to see if I could find Margaret. It didn't take long! She looks just as fabulous in person as she does in print. And yes, she was wearing a beautiful little black dress. When she began signing books, I approached and introduced myself as Katiedid. It was so much fun to learn she not only knew who I (Katiedid) was, but seemed very excited to meet me! Talk about flattered! I just have to say that she has got to be the most gracious and kind woman in the the shelter magazine biz. She very generously spent quite a bit of time chatting with me and Kate of Girl Meets Glamour (more on that in a sec!). I was thoroughly charmed!


She was genuinely interested in what we had to say about the blogging world, and we gained a fair amount of insight on how she views them. Be assured that she does find the time in her very busy schedule to read them, and is quite aware of what's happening out there! She truly enjoys them and does try to keep up. One thing she was very concerned about was making sure that the photographers of those fabulous photos we love are credited! (I hope all of you bloggers out there will take her up on that, as will I!)

Well, lucky me! I also got to get together with my good friend Kate from Girl Meets Glamour (Kate's on the right).........(OK, OK, that's her on the left!). Isn't she just about the most beautiful blogger out there?! Her blog name fits to a tee. We had a blast sipping cocktails and gabbing about what else? BLOGGING and, well, design, fashion, and needless to say, SO CHIC ! We were desperately seeking Karen of Alkemie and Robyn of Garden Rooms, but sadly could not figure out who they were among the masses. A picture exchange is a must for future events!

As we left, we received a very sweet gift bag with a copy of the latest Elle Decor, a really nice scented candle, a little box of personalized M&M's, a rolling straight edge (no designer is without one!) and some other goodies. A very nice way to wind up a wonderful event.


Thank you to Ann Sacks for putting on this event! Definitely a wonderfully memorable evening.

I will leave you with one more party picture!

1.(Friend Jelena, Margaret, Kate, friends Andrea and Kerry, and moi!)

26 comments:

Mélanie said...

Great to meet you and to have the chance to meet others bloggers!
It seems to have been a wonderful party ! Lucky YOU

Topsy Turvy said...

How thrilling to meet her and to find out that she knew of your blog! And you and all your friends are so cute! Lana

erika - urban grace interiors said...

wow! photos are beautiful (you are beautiful) the party looked like a blast. {very jealous!}
what a great post!

Mrs. Blandings said...

I'm very envious - of meeting Margaret, and the blogger exchange. It looks like a blast.

katiedid said...

Hi all!- I wish you all had been there! It would have been so fun to meet you all. Thanks for all of your kind words and well wishing. I did have a great time, and what can you really say when you meet one of your heroes? She was wonderfully approachable and down to earth. And a super likeable, charming person. I am even more impressed with her now that I have met her.

Thanks for visiting!

mrsplainjane said...

What fun! So wish I could have been there, but all your photos make it like the next best thing. :) Sounds like you all had a wonderful time. Very cool that she follows your blog!

Style Court said...

I know Katie, isn't she so lovely (and articulate) in person? !!

annechovie said...

Sounds like so much fun! I am glad you took photos and posted them. Ms. Russell always looks picture perfect and has her trademark elegant black dress on, I see. You and Kate look great also!

Cote de Texas said...

You two look so cute, even YOU! Katie!!!! You and your chic scarf! omg, I'm so jealous I'm about to explode! I wish I could have been there sosososo bad! And Margaret is so pretty and little! I didn't realize she was so small! And you talked blogging with her?!? She knew your blogs? wow. Good thing I wasn't there actually becuase I rarely credit pix because you know I save them so long before I use them!

Great pictures and I mean it - Lets plan something all together - I think everyone really wants to do this. Hey! We could end up like the KOS convention = once a year. Fox News. hahaha

You just made my day, I'm loving this!

Joni

katiedid said...

Hi Ms. Jane! We missed you! Next time for sure, kay?

katiedid said...

Hi Courtney!
I knew you had met her before, and yes she is! Very lovely indeed.

katiedid said...

Hi Anne-
It was so much fun, and don't you love her little black dresses? this one was very "chic"!

katiedid said...

Joni, you are so funny! We wished you were there too! We should definitely plan some kind of mini-decor blog convention! Wouldn't that be the best? Yes, she was petite, but also 10 feet tall! She was just as pretty in person, honestly! Next time we have got to plan ahead! :)

ALL THE BEST said...

Wonderful photos and thanks for the reminder to give proper credit! So glad you all had a great time!!

Bayou Contessa said...

What an amazing experience! Gorgeous design blog girls get to pal around with none other than the talented and beautiful Margaret Russell...and get their books signed...and meet each other in person and share an extraordinary experience. I wish I could've been there! Thanks for sharing the great photos.

Me, Myself & I said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time...so wish I was there! And how fabulous to catch up with a friend from the blogging world!

robyn said...

Oh katie~ you guys are so cute. I missed the event, sadly for me. But, I am really looking forward to meeting you and Kate, I worked late... but next time you're in the city let me know. My email address is on my blog. All the best~

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

What pretty ladies all gathering together! Looks like a complete blast! I'm so glad you got to meet your hero and another lovely blogger as well.

I'm jealous.

Happy weekend,
Melissa

katiedid said...

Hi Ronda,BC, Me!
It really was a fun evening! Thanks for your well wishes!

katiedid said...

Hi Robyn!
I hope we do get to meet one day! I will definitely keep in touch!

katiedid said...

Hi Melissa. Maybe we will get to meet one day! Perhaps a mini designer blog convention!

All Things Bright and Beautiful... said...

WOW KATIE!! How exciting!! Its lovely to meet you and Miss Glamor! :-)

Its great to know that Margaret know you and is interested in our blogs!!

(I agree with her point about the photographers to :-)

hugs

Felicity

- Suzie from Beijing - said...

Hi Katie,
you all look fantastic. Must be fun to meet a blogger friend and talk to the Elle editor. I like your post about this event. Thanks for sharing Margrets thoughts about bloggers / blogging.
Ciao
Suzie (from Palazzo Pizzo)

Paloma said...

OMG, I would die if Margaret knew who I was. I am so jealous that you got to meet her. All of you girls are gorgeous!

girl meets glamour said...

Katie getting together was such a blast, I had a great time!! And, um don't be modest your a hot chica yourself!!

~Kate

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

eeek, how amazingly fun!!! Sigh, I always miss the good stuff!

I am all for crediting the photographers but do we always know who they are, as bloggers?