Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Girlfriend Gifts: Carmel Bay Company



When I take my annual Birthday Trip to Lake Tahoe to spend it with my girlfriends, we exchange gifts. Cuz what's better than giving and getting gifts, right? During a Labor Day jaunt to Monterey and Carmel, I never fail to visit one of my favorite shops, Carmel Bay Company. They never disappoint. I found these wonderfully hefty, and very large, glass pots, which can be used as vases or votive holders, or anything you can conjure up. A pair of those, some large votive candles and a box of matches printed with beautiful Audubon prints of dragonflies and moths all went into these cute straw totes:



All wrapped up and ready to go. It is always a pleasure to shop here, and you can find many of their wonderful items online here.

The shop is full of things for the home: furnishings, books, dishes and flatware, gifts, sportswear....the list goes on. With a casual California aesthetic, there is much to love for every taste. Above is a shot of the first floor main room.

There is also a second level.

I hope you have a chance to visit next time you are in Carmel! I think you will not leave without a few things to take home.

14 comments:

stacey costello said...

Love checking out your blog and I had to comment on this post. Carmel Bay Company is one of my favorites too! Every December for our anniversary we head down for the weekend. This is probably one of the first stores I hit.
Stacey~

Visual Vamp said...

Really nice!

avant garde said...

i've got my running shoes on to visit that site! thanks for sharing...

jae said...

I have a large collection of glass pots like those that I find endless uses for.....great gift!

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Ok...I just spent WAY too much time perusing their website...looks even better in person, I'm sure!!

Thanks!

Melissa said...

Ooooh, dangerous. I love it!!

katiedid said...

Hi Stacey! Thanks for visiting. Isn't it just wonderful? I can always find perfect gifts here, as well as things for MOI! Have a great trip in December!

katiedid said...

Hello Avante Garde, and thanks for stopping in. Hope you find something good. :)

Hi Jae! I think these are wonderfully versatile too. I am going to be checking out your site alot come christams season.

Hi Linda! Hope you had fun on the site.:)

katiedid said...

Hi Melissa! Thanks for the visit! Hope you enjoy.;)

pve design said...

Leave, I'd have to just move in and start working there to pay for all the things I need and want!

porter hovey said...

Ohhh! What a beautiful shop!!

Brilliant Asylum said...

I love that you GIVE gifts on your birthday. Fun for everyone!

I would love to visit Carmel someday--and Lake Tahoe.

Pigtown-Design said...

This is just the type of shop I'd love to have!

Severina said...

I love your blog! And the Carmel Bay Company Shop!