Tuesday, September 30, 2008

In the Pink: Breast Cancer Awareness Day

In an effort to raise awareness, I have posted some of my favorite magazines who decided that PINK was the perfect color for the cover. I hope you all enjoy, and don't forget to schedule that mammogram appointment or give a gentle reminder to those you love!

A big thanks to Mrs. Blandings for organizing a PINK PARTY for this October 1st, Breast Cancer Awareness Day. Check with the Susan G. Komen Foundation and the National Cancer Foundation for more information about breast cancer. And spread the word!

11 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

Katie - I LOVE that you have all these images! A perfect pink post - thanks so much.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Lovely pink cover choices for an important reminder.

It also reminded me how much I miss House and Garden. Sigh.

The Peak of Chic said...

Great post Katie! Pink is pretty and powerful too!

Karena said...

Katie, how wonderful all of these beautiful pink covers from our favorite mags. I have posted a remembrance and painting on my latest bog in honor of my cousin Sharon. Please take a look.

avant garde said...

pretty in pink post!

Lecia said...

Thanks for helping to raise awareness with this perfect pink post. (I have had breast cancer twice at a young age and posted today about my experiences.)

pve design said...

WE should have a "color" war like this every week, thanks to Mrs.Blandings right! You are another sweet dose of pink to help raise awareness for Breast Cancer
and spread the word to have an exam, early!

Ivy Lane said...

Lovely pink post you have here! Thanks!

Style Court said...

Oh Katie, some of the prettiest covers ever. Great choices.

bayou contessa said...

Beautiful pink covers and what a great collection! Pink is such an uplifting and hopeful color, this is a lovely post on such an important issue.

katiedid said...

Thank you all for your kind comments! As you can see, I have not been able to part with any of my magazines for quite a few years. I do like to go through them again and again. I hope the post inspired you to take care of yourself and those you love.