Wednesday, January 28, 2009

NOOOOooooooooo! Domino Magazine?!?! Not Domino!

"STYLEBEAT'S BREAKING NEWS: CONDE NAST'S DOMINO FOLDS
This release was just put out:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 28, 2009

CONDE NAST TO CEASE PUBLICATION OF DOMINO

New York, NY, January 28, 2009 -- Domino magazine will cease publication, it was announced today by Charles H. Townsend, President and CEO of Conde Nast. The final issue will be published in March2009.

"This decision to cease publication of the magazine and its website is driven entirely by the economy," Mr. Townsend said. "Although readership and advertising response was encouraging in the early years, we have concluded that this economic market will not support our business expectations."

More to come.... "

I could just cry. This is just so upsetting. When is this going to end?!?!

I was just corresponding with Marisa over at Stylebeat Blog about her wonderful blog, and learned about this. There were rumors in the wind, but it's now official. I am sure Marisa, former style editor for House Beautiful and O at Home will have more info before I do ....so stop on over for the latest here.

I wanted to tell you all about Marisa's beautiful blog...and how she will probably have all the latest and greatest news form NYC....but for now, I think I have to go find a tissue.

Goodbye Domino! You will be missed.


I will leave you with some photos that Marisa took at the latest Gift Show in NYC:









You'll just have to visit Stylebeat for all of the information.

16 comments:

alice said...

WHAT!l?! THIS IS HORRIBLE NEWS! Such a wonderful magazine... :( I can't believe it...

Pigtown-Design said...

I am very surprised about this. But they haven't been on their game lately.

Mélanie said...

I'm vey surprised . What a pity

jae said...

I agree with you...when is this going to end? So many jobs lost again. Between that and the children's products crisis, I'm thinking enough is enough already!

Anonymous said...

Home companion has ceased publication as well.... sob

Jackie Von Tobel said...

The rumors said it would happen but the reality is just too depressing. It's hard to believe that these huge corporations and media giants are just so ready to throw out whole publications rather than make adjustments to keep them going. Why not try a quarterly or seasonal publication schedule to cut costs. What has happened to working harder and tightening the belt when times get tough. If other businesses lay down as easily as the Shelter publishing world when faced with dwindling ad dollars and revenue how is our economy supposed to endure. Conde Naste, how about growing some balls and showing some faith in our economic recovery and toughing it out with the rest of us poor slobs?

hmstrjam said...

so sad, i had only recently started looking for their magazine and haven't been able to find it out here on the vineyard!

Callie Grayson said...

i know sad!
and their website is slated to be gone as well, double wammy!!

Felicia Snow said...

There's nothing I look forward to than my monthly Domino....I can't imagine life without it...such a loss it will be.

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

I had heard this was in the wind, but I do hate that it has actually come to pass. I'm still not over House and Garden!!

Rita Finn said...

I'm sorry to hear this. I just got news that Cottage Living is also being cancelled, which was the favorite among my prescriptions. Well be turning to you for style ideas even more!

mama wants more said...

What disappointing news! I love Domino and will miss it.

Pink Wallpaper said...

isn't it just so sad, i could cry....
on a different note- love that lamp!

D said...

so sad. I could cry.

Betsy said...

I am starting a blog to try to prevent this tragedy...everyone please join me to help save Domino! Tell your friends, tell your loved ones, tell everyone!

Blinky St. James said...

Ahhh! No! I loved Domino!! This is so sad!! >o< *sob*