Monday, February 23, 2009

I'D LIKE TO THANK THE ACADEMY.........

EDDIE AWARD

.......And EDDIE ROSS for picking ME as the WINNER in the SHOPPING CATEGORY at the 1st Annual EDDIE AWARD SHOW!!!!

My Winning Entry

I didn't prepare a speech....but I would like to thank Cannell and Chaffin for producing this very sweet side table. I would like to thank the Sacramento Antique Faire organizers who put on such a fun fair every second Sunday of the month, which is where I found the table. And to all the little people....ahem....my daughter...... thank you so much for helping me sand and scrape and paint. And to Veronica....without you, none of this would have been possible. Thank you!

And a big congratulations to all of the other winners in the other categories!

This was such fun. Thank you Eddie and Olivia for putting on the show which you can all read about here and here. I hope you all look forward to participating next year!

13 comments:

Laura Casey Interiors said...

congratulations. i love your table redo as well.

who are you wearing?

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Congratulations on your win!
Who are you wearing??

Blue Muse said...

Congratulations, Katie! Your table is great!
xo Isa
LOLOLOLOL my verification word is "Hotspin" LOLOL

Beaux Mondes Designs said...

What a great find AND redo. Congratulations.

katiedid said...

Hello Laura and Pamela! Thank you so much!
And I am wearing a wonderful little ensemble: "mink" brown cable knit sweater by the ever so stylish Tarjay, "midnight blue" jeans by the incomparable Mr. J. Crew....shoes by U.G.G.

katiedid said...

Hi Blue!
LOL! I have been getting some funny ones lately too, but this one wins an award!!

Jenn said...

Aw,congrats! I love that table, and how perfect is that Tiffany box blue?

Velvet and Linen said...

I read about your win in my people magazine e-mail this morning! Your walk down the red carpet was the talk of the internet design bloggers.
Congratulations, Katie. Your table definitely wins for its best supporting role.

xo
Brooke

Lauren said...

i saw it on there & loved the before & after!! :)

Renee Finberg said...

CONGRATZ !!

adorable pics

Mrs. Limestone said...

Congratulations. Very well deserved..the table looks so chic!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Hi Katie,

I been sick and totally missed the Eddie's. So glad you won. I loved your re-do. So pretty. I love the aqua color on the top.

Anonymous said...

I was a designer for Cannell and Chaffin for 11 years, beginning straight out of college. The firms' granddaughter and I would go rollerskating down Hollywood Blvd late at night, after work. We were young then. The Cannell and Chaffin "Chateau" remains there on Wilshire Blvd in Los Angeles, now in rather ghastly condition, a terrible shame. Most of the designers have passed-on, although not all. It was a marvelous place to begin a career. They had smaller studios located in Pasadena, Newport Beach and La Jolla. The studio had their own manufatured furnitute, a model home in-suite, an antiques department and best of all, me. LOL. timminstudio@earthlink.net