Wednesday, June 23, 2010

From One Happy Place to Another: San Francisco Magazine's Top 5 Design Blogs


I just returned from a five day Disneyland Adventure celebrating my eldest's graduation, with my youngest in tow. It was definitely the Happiest of places for the last few days....Then I returned home to find out THIS very happy news!
Diane Dorrans Saeks, author of some of our favorite design books (Michael Smith Elements of Style, Orlando Diaz-Azcuy, Paris Style and Hollywood Style to name but a few), and contributing interior design editor for San Francisco Magazine included katiedid in her TOP 5 local Design Blogs! Diane has been a kind and generous supporter of katiedid, and for blogs in general. I am very honored to be included in this brilliant group. I am so happy to know talented designers and bloggers, Scot and Grant and am looking forward to meeting Kendra and Kit as soon as possible!

Please do visit all of the Top 5...and do not miss Diane Dorrans Saeks fabulous blog, The Style Saloniste. It is a MUST READ! Diane chronicles her adventures in travel, design, and style from all over the globe. She profiles top designers and style mavens, artists and architects all with enthusiastic aplomb.
Great thanks to you Diane! Congratulations to all of the "listers" and huge appreciation to all of the katiedid readers.
My day is made.

20 comments:

serena at the urban farmhouse said...

Congrats to you on the SF mag article! I read about it on Grant Gibson's blog this morning! Well deserved, in fact I did a post while you were away about being one of my favorite blogs!

sunny said...

Congratulations!!

Laura Casey Interiors said...

Congrats Katie! All five of you well deserved!

Uncle Beefy said...

CONGRATS, Katie! Saw the announcement over at Grant's blog! Quite a lovely group, I'd say! Well done! :)

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

Katie, BIG CONGRATS! This is big! I can't wait to get a copy of the mag. Yay for you and to be on the same list as Diane...wow!

Toad said...

Well deserved. Congratulations

Mona Thompson said...

Congratulations! That is quite an honor. I recently heard her interview on The skirted Roundtable and was quite impressed. She certainly would not have exhalted you if you didn't deserve it.

mary said...

Hi Katie, Way to go!! We love your blog down south, also. I received my copy of Swan Thieves from Amazon and it truly is a good read. Thanks.

Karena said...

Katie congratualtions, you are so great and always so supportive! You are in quite talented company and really deserve to be!

Karena
Art by Karena

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Bravo!

Mélanie A. said...

Congratulations ! I'm not surprised ...You always share the best

Susie @ Maddie's Nest said...

Congrats on the well deserved mention! Hope the trip was spectacular.

La Boheme said...

Just came over from Scot's blog. Congratulations! Another great blog to add to my reads! xo

katiedid said...

Serena! Thank you so much! You are such a kind friend.

Hello all! I am blushing. You are all such supportive blog friends. It was an honor and a huge treat to come home to the news. Thanks to you all!!

My Notting Hill said...

Congrats - well deserved! Your pics of the SF Showhouse are some of my favorite of the year.

Diane Dorrans Saeks said...

HI KATIE-

I have admired your blog for a long time--even before I launched THE STYLE SALONISTE.
It was my great pleasure to select you as one of the top Northern California design blogs in my SAN FRANCISCO magazine feature..
I am so pleased that from my article, and my selection of the top five, new readers are finding you and new readers are finding Grant and Scot, Kit and Kendra. An unexpected and wonderful outcome.
May you continue to be inspired and generous and good-humored and creative.
Cheers, DIANE

Kendra Boutell said...

Congratulations Katie, I look forward to meeting you. Kind regards, Kendra

Lauren said...

Congratulations & so deserved!! :)
xoxo

Semigloss Chic said...

Congratulations!! You deserve this! How exciting.

Hello Lover... said...

Congrats! that rocks!