Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Armchair Traveling to Chateau Domingue

 Chateau Domingue....it just sounds romantic, doesn't it? I was just in a mood for a little getaway. I am too busy to go anywhere at the moment, but I can travel in my mind with a little help from the loveliness on the Chateau Domingue website.
 A shop and warehouse in Houston TX, Chateau holds a treasure trove of reclaimed and architectural elements and "monumental" antiques. One of the premier importers in the US in fact.
 With a 15,000 sq. ft. warehouse, you can find just about anything here from French limestone flooring, gates and doors, lighting, and furniture, to garden elements, reclaimed architectural elements and art.  
 Owner, Ruth Gay, travels far and wide to bring the treasures home, and we all are the beneficiaries.
 So if you are in the mood for a little mind traveling, I cannot think of a better way to spend some time. Chateau Domingue is only a CLICK away.
Who knows....you just may find a souvenir or two you cannot leave without!

10 comments:

pretty pink tulips said...

What great little French finds! Good to know I can visit from here!!

mary said...

Gorgeous inventory. I'm a wee bit jealous. 18th/early 19th c. Country French is like chocolate to me. Thanks. Mary

Callie Grayson said...

those glass jars.... can I just say gorgeous!!!
xx
callie

Alcira Molina-Ali said...

Hm, perhaps you should wend your way over here to Houston for a browse 'n munch ; )
Alcira

thenerochronicles.blogspot.com

mydesignchic said...

Don't you just love traveling in your mind...

Debra Phillips said...

could it just be me katie (HMMMM, COULD BE)but when i link onto the site, it only repeats several images, cannot seem to gain access. did a google search, same thing. so now i want what i cannot have, a visit. any hints?
debra

katiedid said...

Hi all!
I am glad you like this company!

Debra, I had an issue with the site at first too. I had to close a tool bar or two before I could see the menu at the top of their site. I didn't realize at first it was cut off, so I couldn't navigate the site either. I hope this helps!

locations espagne said...

Awesome stuff you shared in the post.Stuff in the post appears to be a vintage and retro collection.

Claudia Juestel said...

Not very familiar with shopping in Houston. So thank you Katie for introducing me to a great place.

Cheers,

Claudia

yours truly said...

Great chairs...I think I have a chair obsession bordering on a fetish. So glad I found your blog. I will definitely be looking forward to your future posts as well as spending some time reading thru your past posts.