Thursday, June 16, 2011

Eye Catchers at the Sacramento Antique Faire


 Last Sunday was the Second Sunday of the month.......meaning that the Sacramento Antique Faire was in full seasonal swing! The weather has taken a turn from rain to bright sunshine, and the Faire was full of people and good stuff!

I am not really in the market for myself, but I never fail to find a few things I cannot walk away from. Here are a couple of things that, for the price, were "must haves". I found a great basket woven from hemp for $10, and a "reverse Cheetah" hide pillow...also $10. I need to get a new down filler, but the pillow cover is in perfect shape! Hide on one side and dark brown velvet on the back.


 I also found a little bottle from Spain to add to my wicker bottle collection ($4!). Very cute.

There were a few other things I was contemplating, and in retrospect wished I had gotten....


 A little hex accent table with a Moroccan flavor was in really good shape. It could have been painted a fun color and gone almost anywhere.


This Earthenware urn was plenty big enough to be used as an umbrella stand. I loved the metal handles.


 It looks like this sign may have hung in a room for someone named "Julie"? Fun graphic wall decor for a child's room!


A steer head....almost had a fossilized quality about it. The horns were like driftwood.




One vendor had great bottles and baskets all from Europe.



One never knows when a little Snake Bite juice might come in handy. Hehe...

It was a great day of hunting on a beautiful Summer day!

7 comments:

Splendid Sass said...

Great finds for great prices!
Have a nice evening, Katie.
Teresa
xoxo

The enchanted home said...

Nice finds, love the basket what a deal and gorgeous cheetah pillow!!

Claudia Juestel said...

Very cool finds Katie. Love what you got. I must make it up there some time, as I always hear great things about antiquing around Sacramento.

Cheers,

Claudia

Hill Country House Girl said...

Wow. I could have some fun there. Love your finds and the ones that got away - or that you passed up!I love the bottle collection. Thanks for sharing!

The Cuban In My Coffee said...

Hi Katie, just found your blog when looking at Kelly Hoppen's new book. She's my #1 favorite designer. I also love your thrifty finds especially that steer head. It's kind of creepy, but in a good way that I would want it badly. I will be back to look over all your lovely posts.

under spanish moss said...

What great finds. We always do the same thing and wish we had gotten an item after the fact.

Cristin @ Simplified Bee said...

Great finds Katie! Don't worry, there will be another hexagon Moroccan table in your future!

xo,
cristin