Monday, November 28, 2011

Are You Getting Ready Yet?

Thanksgiving is just now over and I am still full from the Turkey and pie. It is hard for me to get going right away on the next holiday......but I do like to prolong the spirit of Christmas....so I just had Tim bring all of the Christmas boxes in from the garage even though we don't yet have a tree. (I have a feeling the boxes will be an eyesore in the Living Room for longer than I had hoped!)

I am back to work today, and was checking my emails when I came across this charming Scandinavian inspired wooden tree from  possibiliTree. Originally designed by architect Dick Babcock in 1982 for his family, years went by until the design was patented (in 2002). Then the company possibilTree was born in 2005 and is still family owned and run.

The original tree is six feet tall and hangs from the ceiling 18" from the floor like a plumb line. How perfect is this for the person who wants no muss, no fuss?! The smaller tree is 3 feet high and perfect for a tabletop center piece. I have been collecting straw and painted wooden ornaments for a number of years and I can just imagine having them displayed on this little tree. I seem to end up with more ornaments than will fit on one tree....so I have had two trees the last few years.....one for the Living Room for my blown glass ornaments and gilded paper stars....and one for the Family Room with the ornaments that are less formal. It would be kind of nice to have a different sort of tree for a different sort of feel.....


Click on over HERE to read more about these clever, charming trees and find out more about pricing and ordering HERE.

So tell me........have any of you gotten your tree up yet? Are you in the fresh or artificial camp? Modern or traditional? New decorations to match this year's theme or stick with tradition and the ornaments you have been collecting for years? Do you have more than one tree or is one more than enough? Just think of the possibiliTrees! (hehe!)

I look forward to hearing and hopefully seeing all of your holiday decorating this year!

11 comments:

Elements said...

Great blog and I love this post.
We have our tree up and artificial is the way we went. I grabbed the same silver and green them as last year but added a little teal for a hint of colour.

Splendid Sass said...

LOVE these trees, Katie! Have to look.
No, no tree yet, but I hope to get it up in the next day or so.
Hope that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Teresa
xoxo

maison21 said...

love!

vicki archer said...

This is a fantastic tree... especially for a modern space. I am having a fresh one... love the smell and the old fashioned feel... I can't wait to see yours when it's up... xv

diane said...

I have always loved scandinavian style and this little tree is adorable. I also have two trees, one for my childhood vintage ornaments and the big family tree everyone decorates. Christmas is so fun, isnt it?

Karen of Fair Oaks said...

The faux tree went up over the weekend - I miss the green one but circumstances dictate...the thrill is looking at all the ornaments collected over the years - the German glass and the navtivity scene from Oberammagau...love it all!

charlotte roofing said...

What a beautiful and unique tree! Thanks for sharing!

Acanthus and Acorn said...

This is a super unique option, but I'm traditional and do 2-3 trees each year. A few years ago, the main tree went artificial...makes me feel sane during the decorating frenzy that is Christmas!

Scott Waterman said...

I like the idea of sparring a tree's life. If you really want the scent Juniper Ridge is the way to go. I got over holiday decorating in the late 80s when I used to do a lavish Xmas in July just to be obtuse. Now what I observe most profoundly is the passing of the winter solstice. This is what the Xmas holiday is built upon anyway. This year it's 12/22. The darkest days are behind us after that!

katiedid said...

I am still doing the fresh tree....and not only does it take forever to find the "perfect" one...we would end up going to every tree lot in town until recently when we found the "perfect" tree lot where every tree was trimmed as it grew up so no trees that looked like they were stuck in a pencil sharpener at the last minute. It also takes me a whole day to put the lights on "just so". I think artificial may be in the not too distant future!

Pat's Addition said...

What a cute tree. I have a load of small wooden ornaments collected over the years. I'm working on the trees. One in the living room (artificial from my sister) for White House ornaments and birds. My 9 yr old grand twins did it all so far. The family room tree we've all been working on....just too many ornaments to count. All traditional. Even the tree was my mom's, but I think I'll get a new one for next year. The lights are failing. Shiny balls reflect what's working, but it takes patience to place them. Got to finish it soon.