Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall Birthday Dinner


We had a birthday to celebrate the other night. 

Dad brought home sunflowers and made the perfect meal......filet mignon, scalloped potatoes, and arugula salad with pears and blue cheese.  Grandmom picked more things from the garden for the centerpiece. I set the table and arranged flowers. Sister made a delicious spice cake with cream cheese frosting.  And the dogs warmed our feet under the table......




.....all for the most sunshiney girl in the world.

8 comments:

MJH Design Arts said...

So pretty!! Love that cake.
Mary

Laurel said...

how absolutely stunning and that cake looks absolutely divine!~Laurel

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Happy Birthday to her!!
What a perfect celebration.
xo,
p

Jocelyn Pascall said...

Wow - that cake looks amazing. Cute pictures and I love the sunflowers!

penelopebianchi said...

Well, I don't know.....but I can tell you from the viewpoint of 65! This is heaven on earth!

I cannot think of a happier day!

How lucky we are!!

Penelope

Splendid Sass said...

Katie-
You always do thing right! I love your table, the flowers, and I am certain that the gorgeous cake and the food was fabulous too!
Happy Tuesday.
Teresa
xoxo

Karena said...

Katie I hope she had a wonderful Birthday! The table, the flowers, the cake, all perfect! The dinner,yum!

I am having an amazing Giveaway of Plush Pumpkins from Love Feast!
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

cindy hattersley said...

Love that floral arrangement in the milk glass container! The pop of the yellow plates! You have such style! The menu sounds pretty yummy as well.